Safety induction and access
All new starters need to attend the NDCN induction - please email email@example.com to find out when the next induction is.
New starter documents
All new starters will be required to complete and return the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Personal Risk Assessment (unless you work in a building managed by another department - please use their document)
- Human Tissue Act declaration (this must be returned even if not working with human samples)
- NDCN OUH application card (access card for the West Wing)
NDCN OUH application form must be brought to the card office situated on Level 2 main JR hospital by the main lift. Security will take a picture of you for ID purposes and the card will be produced while you wait.
Training and instruction
Hands-on training and theoretical training are available from various sources, consult our Training and Instruction page to find out more.
- Departmental overview - The "what, where and who" of NDCN? What training is required? What support is in place?
- Safety overview - slides print out available
- Laboratory induction - slides print out overview
OUt of hours access
Please refer to Health and Safety policy 008_Out of hours working and its associated declaration to request access beyond core working hours.