1. European Carotid Surgery Trialists’ Collaborative Group: Randomised trial of endarterectomy for recently symptomatic carotid stenosis: Final results of the MRC European Carotid Surgery Trial (ECST). Lancet 1998;351:1379-1387. [Abstract] [PDF]
3. Rothwell PM, Warlow CP on behalf of the ECST Collaborators: Prediction of benefit from carotid endarterectomy in individual patients: A risk-modelling study. Lancet 1999;353:2105--2110. [Abstract] [PDF]
5. Rothwell PM, Eliasziw M, Gutnikov SA, Warlow CP, Barnett HJM for the Carotid Endarterectomy Trialists’ Collaboration. Endarterectomy for symptomatic carotid stenosis in relation to clinical subgroups and the timing of surgery. Lancet 2004; 363: 915-24. [Abstract][PDF]
6. Lovett JK, Coull A, Rothwell PM, on behalf of the Oxford Vascular Study. Early risk of recurrent stroke by aetiological subtype: implications for stroke prevention. Neurology 2004; 62: 569-74. [Abstract] [PDF]
7. North American Symptomatic Carotid Endarterectomy Trial Collaborators: Benefit of carotid endarterectomy in patients with symptomatic moderate or severe stenosis. N Engl J Med 1998;339:1415-1425. [Abstract] [PDF]
9. Rothwell PM, Eliasziw M, Gutnikov SA, Fox AJ, Taylor W, Mayberg MR, Warlow CP, Barnet HJM for the Carotid Endarterectomy Trialists’ Collaboration. Pooled analysis of individual patient data from randomised controlled trials of endarterectomy for symptomatic carotid stenosis. Lancet 2003; 361: 107-16. [Abstract] [PDF]
10. Rothwell PM, Gibson RJ, Slattery J, Sellar RJ, Warlow CP: Equivalence of measurements of carotid stenosis: A comparison of three methods on 1,001 angiograms. Stroke 1994;25:2435--2439.
11. Rothwell PM, Gibson R, Warlow CP. The interrelation between plaque surface morphology, degree of stenosis and the risk of ischaemic stroke in patients with symptomatic carotid stenosis. Stroke 2000; 31: 615-621. [Abstract] [PDF]