Pain, Palliative and Supportive Care (PaPaS) Review Group
In 3rd decade
100+ systematic reviews published
The Cochrane Pain, Palliative and Supportive Care (PaPaS) Review Group is based at the Oxford Pain Relief Unit, Churchill Hospital.
The group is primarily funded by the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) in the United Kingdom as part of the Research and Development programme. It is hosted by the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences.
PaPaS is one of 53 Cochrane review groups that specialise in different areas of health, based in different countries around the world. Cochrane is an international not-for-profit and independent organisation, dedicated to providing up-to-date, accurate information about the effects of healthcare that is readily available worldwide. More information is available on the main Cochrane website.
Our aim at PaPaS is to encourage and assist authors to write systematic reviews in a topic area relevant to our group for publication in the Cochrane Library.
We are interested in studies of interventions for
- Acute pain arising accidentally or through deliberate injury
- Chronic pain (lasting 3 months or longer)
- Headache and migraine
- Palliative care for those with life-limiting disease or illness
- Supportive care of patients and significant others living with serious illness
- Professor Christopher Eccleston - Co-ordinating Editor
- Mrs Anna Erskine (nee Hobson) - Managing Editor
- Mrs Kerry Harding - Assistant Managing Editor
- Professor Philip Wiffen - Senior Editor
- Professor Andrew Moore - Senior Editor
- Dr Sheena Derry - Senior Systematic Reviewer
- Ms Tess Cooper - Systematic Reviewer
Follow us on Twitter @CochranePaPaS for the latest news and reviews, and look for the hashtags #painevidence and #PaPaSTheme.
Find us at the Oxford Pain Relief Unit, Churchill Hospital. See the Trust website for travel directions and parking information.
For our latest publications in the Cochrane Library, please visit the Our Evidence page on our main website.
- Managing the development and publication of more than 250 Cochrane protocols, reviews, overviews and updates (correct at October 2015)
- 2014 Impact factor: 7.0