- 2008 - University of Oxford, Undergraduate Scholar
- 2009 - University of Oxford 1st Class BA (Hons)
- 2009 - Wronker Research Prize, University of Oxford
- 2009 - University of Oxford, Honorary Senior Scholar
- 2012 - University of Oxford, BM BCh
BM BCh BA (Oxon)
Clinical Research Associate
- Ophthalmology Trainee - London Deanery
Siegfried's current research within Professor MacLaren's research group explores the impact of transcorneal electrical stimulation in people with inherited retinal degenerations. Previous research has demonstrated that this intervention can improve visual fields in patients with the progressive degenerative condition, retinitis pigmentosa. In collaboration with the University of Tuebingen, Germany, Professor MacLaren's group is running a clinical trial in Oxford and Moorfields Eye Hospitals investigating this potential therapy further by evaluating its effects through psychophysical testing and imaging.
Funding for the project is provided by Okuvision GmBh and the Oxford Biomedical Research Centre with additional infrastructure and research support through membership of the NIHR Portfolio.
Previously, Siegfried's research was into the study of second messenger-mediated calcium mobilisation using confocal microscopy.
Websites for further information: