things you can do to prevent a further stroke
Making positive lifestyle choices is important for preventing further strokes or TIAs. Things you can do include:
- Don’t smoke
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Keep to a healthy weight and body shape
- Be physically active (gentle exercise is safe after a TIA or minor stroke as long as you feel comfortable)
- If you have diabetes, maintain good glucose control
- Keep your blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels well controlled. This can be achieved by taking the medication your doctor prescribes for you.