Training and instruction
All new starters must attend the Departmental Welcome session. Please contact Facilities to find out when the next induction is.
The session provides a Departmental overview, a general Health and Safety briefing as well as a laboratory induction for the West Wing for those needing access.
Note that in order to access NDCN areas, staff and students are required to attend local induction and follow local procedures:
- West Wing induction
- FMRIB induction
- Wolfson building induction
- WIMM induction
- Kadoorie induction
- OxSTaR induction
- OMPI-G induction
- BNDU induction
New starter induction hand outs are available from our Induction and Access page.
All laboratory workers will be required to take note of the Biological Safety & Genetic Modification, an introductory training course provided by the Safety Office. This is currently available as a podcast:
The Safety Office provides a broad spectrum of safety training, as part of their induction, new starters will require to complete a Personal Risk Assessment with their supervision which will enable them to identify necessary training, a comprehensive listing of all training available can be found on the Safety Office webpage.
- Cryogenics, Safe Use – E-Learning
- Chemical Safety & COSHH - Podcast
- Compressed Gas Safety - E-Learning
- Carriage of Diagnostic & Infectious Substances by Air – Webinar
- Emergency First Aid for Fieldworkers
- Fire Awareness - E-Learning
- Fire Warden (Fire Safety & Fire Practical) – Webinar
- Glove Selection (for PPE) Toolbox Talk – Pre-recorded online training presentation
- Hazardous Waste - Podcast
- Radiation Safety for Laboratory Workers – Classroom teaching
- Risk Assessment – E-Learning
- Spill Kit (Chemicals & Oils) - E-Learning