Most though not all postgraduate research students hosted by NDCN are entitled to apply for financial support towards attending relevant educational courses or attending conferences from the NDCN Student Support Fund.
Specific terms & conditions apply to those who started in a particular year, and these T&Cs will have been emailed to you when you started. If you can't find these, please email us and we will re-send the document to you.
Please note that approval for your proposed expenses must not be presumed and you must obtain agreement in principle from the academic administration team via firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding to make purchases or risk being out of pocket if your costs aren't eligible. Projected costs must be submitted in line with the University's guidance on allowable expenses, and where at all possible we recommend students use KeyTravel (see the linked webpage with University guidance) rather than pay from their own private funds.
If you have questions pertaining to the logistics (not the rules!) of booking conference attendance, travel, etc., please email the NDCN Order team via email@example.com.
university and medical sciences division
- EIT Health DPhil/PhD Transition Fellowships
- Goodger and Schorstein Scholarships
- University Hardship Fund
- College Hardship Funds
other sources of funding
- Funds for Women Graduates Foundation Grants (women graduates in their final year of DPhil or PhD studies; up to £6,000)
- Funds for Women Graduates Emergency Grants (graduate women who face an unforeseen financial crisis whilst engaged in study or research at an approved institution of higher education in Great Britain; up to £2,500)
- British Federation of Women Graduates Research Awards (women doctoral students who will be in, or going into, their third year (or part time equivalent) of work for a research PhD/DPhil; from £1,000 to £6,000)