Support for Line Managers
The first source of support for line managers is their own line manager and the NDCN HR Team. For more specialist advice, the following sources may be helpful:
- The Staff Gateway
- Research Services
- HR Support
- People and Organisational Development (POD) Unit
- Finance Division
- IT Services
- Equality and Diversity Unit (EDU)
- Safety Office
- Information Security
- Medical Sciences Division
- Occupational Health Service
The University of Oxford’s People and Organisational Development (POD) Unit offers a range of leadership and management workshops, courses, programmes and resources.
Please see the Mandatory Training webpage for a list of courses that all NDCN line managers should undertake during their probation period.
- People Managers’ Mailing List: subscribe to be kept informed of relevant opportunities and resources to support you in your role as a line manager.
- PDR Guide for Reviewers: series of resources to support line managers in conducting effective Personal Development Reviews (PDR), which should be performed annually with each member of staff in your team beyond their probation period.
- Home working guide for managers: University guidance to help you support your members of your team working remotely during the Coronavirus pandemic.