NDCN Parents' and Carers' Career Fund
The Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences is dedicated to supporting the professional development and individual career ambitions of our staff and students. We recognise that staff and students with caring responsibilities may incur additional costs in order to attend ‘work-related training’. Following a successful six-month (13 September 2017–15 March 2018) pilot, we established the NDCN Parents’ and Carers’ Career Fund as a permanent scheme.
To enable parents and carers to attend courses, conferences, summer schools, research visits and other work-related training, by supplementing the costs of their preferred additional care arrangements.
All academic, research, research-related, professional and support staff and students within NDCN who have regular caring responsibilities, e.g. child, parent, partner, or a close relative.
Value of award
Up to £250.
Examples of additional care arrangements
Applications might include (but are not limited to):
- A contribution to the costs of an additional day’s nursery fees if the individual usually works part-time but was attending a course on a day when the child would not normally be in nursery.
- A contribution to the costs of a childminder, babysitter, or after-school club to look after a child if the parent were returning home later than usual.
- A contribution to the travel and sustenance costs of taking a child and/or additional carer to a conference.
- A contribution to the travel costs of bringing a grandparent, sibling, or other carer to Oxford to help cover the applicant’s usual care responsibilities.
- A contribution to the costs of night care for an elderly parent or disabled relative.
How to apply
Please download the NDCN Parents’ and Carers’ Career Fund application form and guidance notes using the links below. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be reviewed by the People and Culture Committee and you will be notified of the outcome by email.