NDCN have adopted the Sap Concur eExpenses function, meaning that University of Oxford staff and students with an SSO and UK bank account will have access to the system. Claims can be submitted electronically via SAP Concur and will be checked and approved by the NDCN accounts team (and any other approvers on the GL/Grant used) before being sent to Central Payments for reimbursement.
University of Oxford Staff and Students with a foreign bank account must complete and submit claims using the Expense Claim Form - Payments to Non UK Bank Accounts (staff and students only)
The current claim form will be retired Easter 2022.
Two new forms have been introduced. One for taxable benefit claims and another for external claimants (patients/speakers/interviewees) Items that are considered a taxable benefit cannot be claimed through eExpenses and should be claimed on the new form. Claims for persons external to the University should be submitted on the new form. These can be submitted to email@example.com any questions can also be directed here.
HOW TO GAIN eEXPENSES ACCESS
Staff and students will have access to SAP Concur. To access the system you will need your SSO (Single sign on) and an ox.ac.uk email address.
Go to https://finance.admin.ox.ac.uk/expenses and click on ‘LOG IN TO SAP Concur eExpenses’
Here you will be able to create a profile. Enter your bank account details (the bank account the reimbursement will be paid to) and your email address. (The email address will be verified, you will be emailed a code to enter).
Your profile page can be used to add vehicle ID information (if you intend to claim mileage), names of attendees for entertaining expenses, delegate claims for others to complete on your behalf (for PI’s delegating to PA’s) and to delegate approval to another user (for PI’s to delegate approval to an authorised person, while on leave etc.)
REMEMBER – You are responsible to update your profile with your correct bank account details and vehicle ID
PROBLEMS ACCESSING eEXPENSES
If you have followed the steps above then you should be able to access SAP Concur eExpenses to raise and review your claims. If you have difficulties reaching the site, you can try the following
- SSO (single sign-on not recognised) – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, SSO and email address. They will be able to activate your access.
- Contact NDN accounts at email@example.com
HELP AND SUPPORT
Help and support can be found at
- SAP Concur 24/7 support: 0800 389 8758
- Help is available within SAP Concur which also offers a chat function. Look for ‘Support’ and ‘Help’ found on the top right hand side of the screen
- NDCN accounts team: firstname.lastname@example.org
FINDING THE ONLINE TRAINING
Here you will find the landing page for expenses. Under Guidance and Support you will find
- eExpenses Training and Support
- Launch session for Claimants
- Cosy training
- eExpenses How to Videos
- E-Expenses – Claimants
- E-Expenses - Approvals
- eExpenses Introductory Video
Guidance and support
- Watch the four-minute video on the Finance Division YouTube channel.
- Read about the expenses process, details of how to claim and guidance for approvers.
- Consult the eExpenses Training and support, the eExpenses Claimant QRG (Quick Reference Guide) and eExpenses Approver QRG.
Please see the Finance Division website pages for more information about claiming and approving expenses.