Submitting a Payment Request Form
Payment Request Forms (PRFs) can be used to make payments to individuals. A PRF is most likely to be used in situations where the department initiates the payment, for example, payments of scholarships, visiting academics, and payments to participants or volunteers.
- Do not use a PRF to claim back participants' travel costs. Instead you must complete an Expenses Claim Form - Claimants External to the University
- Do not use a PRF to pay an invoice. Instead you must raise a purchase order.
How to complete a Payment Request Form
- Full name (no initials)
- Complete and correct address
- Complete and correct banking details
- NI or Nationality (if applicable)
- Details of payment (example given on sheet)
- Amount to be paid
- Your signature in the "Prepared by" section and the date
- Code to charge the cost to either a General Ledger code (in "Cost Centre" Box) or a Grant Code (in the "Project" box)